Monday, November 2, 2009

Holy Swine Flu, Batman!!

Yikes! We have the Swine Flu in our house!!! Poor Preston :( He is the only one so far (and let's hope it stays that way!) Here is the story:
As Ray and I were JUST heading home from Blacksburg (where we were to witness a very sad game), Mom calls and says that Preston had a fever of 105.9! She said the bus driver told her he had fallen asleep on the bus and that he wasn't well. You can say that again. My mom said she was having a hard time keeping him awake and that he just wanted to sleeep. She gave him Tylenol, put him in shorts, and off to the doctor they went. His temp had gone down a bit, so that was good, but he still was diagnosed with the flu and some respirtory problems. He had a a lot of wheezing, and such, so they did a few breathing treatments on him (which he said helped) and they gave my 4 perscriptions and an inhaler! That's a lot! Poor thhing had a bit of fluid in his ear as well. He is taking Tamiflu (which I have heard is hard to get, so we feel blessed!) and he is feeling MUCH better these days!
What I didn't mention is that I was very sick the entire time we were in VT! Not fun!!! And during the game, I believe I was having another cyst (or something that painful!) We left in a hurry at the end and had to walk a mile back to the car. It was not a fun walk. I was trying to keep from not throwing up (the pain was that bad), and at one point I screamed out loud and clutched onto Ray! I don't know what that was all about. It stopped when we returned to the room that night. Could be a # of things, I guess... I was just glad it was over!!!
I saw my doctor last night. I have Broncittius. Does the fun ever stop?? I feel pretty well though! I have the Z pack- a 5 day antibiotic. So should feel great (hopefully) this weekend :)

No comments: